During the fifteenth plenary session, a wide range of topics was discussed: Privacy Shield Review, Guidelines on Territorial Scope, Guidelines on Data Protection by Design & Default, Art. 64 Opinion on Exxon Mobil BCRs, Response letter to LIBE, Additional Protocol Budapest Convention.
The 41st International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners took place in Tirana (Albania) from 21 to 24 October 2019.. The theme of the conference was "Convergence and connectivity: raising global data protection standards in the digital age".
On October 8th and 9th, the EEA Data Protection Authorities and the European Data Protection Supervisor, assembled in the European Data Protection Board, met for their fourteenth plenary session. During the plenary a wide range of topics were discussed.
The CNPD has presented its annual report with key figures for the year 2018 today at a press conference in Esch/Belval. The entry into force of the GDPR in 2018 has been accompanied by an increased awareness among professionals and individuals about data protection challenges and issues and has led to a significant increase in inquiries.
You have a right of access to the processing of personal data by the Police, the State Intelligence Service, the National Security Authority, the Army, the Financial Intelligence Unit and the Customs and Excise Administration.
The European Commission published the results of a special Eurobarometer survey on data protection. The results show that Europeans are relatively well aware of the new data protection rules, their rights and the existence of national data protection authorities, to whom they can turn for help when their rights are violated.
During its plenary session on 4th June, the EDPB adopted final versions of the Guidelines on Codes of Conduct, the annex to the Guidelines on Accreditation and the annex to the Guidelines on Certification.
The CNPD has published the English and German versions of the Act of 1 August 2018 on the organisation of the National Data Protection Commission and the general data protection framework.
Just a few days short of the GDPR’s first anniversary, the European Data Protection Board surveyed the Supervisory Authorities (SAs) of the EEA and takes stock of the Board’s achievements.
This guidance is provided in order to help companies, public bodies and Luxembourg associations that are transferring personal data to the United Kingdom, and which will continue such transfers after 31 January 2020.
Commission nationale pour la protection des données
1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll
Tel.: (+352) 26 10 60-1
Would you like to be kept up to date on the CNPD?
General Data Protection Regulation
Agenda / Key dates
- 21-10-2019 - 25-10-2019
International Conference of Data Protection & Privacy Commissioners - Tirana
- 12-11-2019 - 13-11-2019
EDPB - Plenary Meeting - Bruxelles
- Réorganisation du Service de renseignement de l’Etat
- Organisation de la cellule de renseignement financier (CRF)
- Activité d'assistance à l'inclusion dans l'emploi
- Modernisation du droit de la faillite
- Création de l'Autorité nationale de sécurité
- Vente par internet au public de médicaments à usage humain
- Création de la CNPD et mise en oeuvre du RGPD (Deuxième avis complémentaire)
Article 29 Working Party
- Guidelines on the application and setting of administrative fines for the purpose of the Regulation 2016/679 (WP 253)
- Guidelines on automated individual decision-making and profiling for the purposes of Regulation 2016/679 (WP 251)
- Guidelines on Personal data breach notification under Regulation 2016/679 (WP 250)
- Opinion 2/2017 on data processing at work (WP 249)
- Privacy Shield Joint Review
- Opinion 01/2017 on the Proposed Regulation for the ePrivacy Regulation (2002/58/EC) (WP 247)
Introduction to data protection
- The 10 commandments of data protection
- Data protection: What is it about ?