Several organisations informed the CNPD that they had been contacted by private companies offering data protection consulting and audit services, stating that these services were allegedly executed under the mandate or on behalf of the CNPD. The CNPD hereby clarifies
Several organisations have contacted the CNPD following the receipt of a request for access that seemed dubious. The CNPD immediately contacted the GovCert to check whether it is a legitimate email or a phishing attempt. It has indeed been confirmed that the demand that has come from the domain "electronicprivacy.eu" is classified as phishing.
On 23 October 2018, the CNPD organizes new courses on the basics of data protection. These courses are aimed at “beginners”, who wish to learn basic elements of data protection law.
On 4 September 2018, the CNPD organizes new courses on the basics of data protection. These courses are aimed at “beginners”, who wish to learn basic elements of data protection law.
Today the European Data Protection Board (EDPB) held its first plenary meeting. This new, independent EU decision-making-body with legal personality is created by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which enters into application as of today. The EDPB succeeds the Article 29 Working Party.
The Working Party 29 (WP29), the group uniting European data protection authorities, announces its full support for the ongoing investigations by national privacy authorities into the collection and use of personal data by and through social media. In addition, the WP 29 will create a Social Media Working Group to develop a long-term strategy on the issue.
“As a rule personal data cannot be used without full transparency on how it is used and with whom it is shared. This is therefore a very serious allegation with far-reaching consequences. ICO is conducting the investigation into this matter. As Chair of the Article 29 Working Party, I fully suport their investigation. The Members of the Article 29 Working Party will work together in this process."
On 13 April 2018, the CNPD organizes new courses on the basics of data protection. These courses are aimed at “beginners”, who wish to learn basic elements of data protection law.
The PayPal Group has adopted Binding Corporate Rules, which define its global data protection policy with regard to international transfers of personal data. The purpose of these rules is to ensure that the same level of protection as in the EU is provided to employees and clients of PayPal when their personal data are transferred to entities within the same group located outside of the EU.
Commission nationale pour la protection des données
1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll
Tel.: (+352) 26 10 60-1
Would you like to be kept up to date on the CNPD?
General Data Protection Regulation
Agenda / Key dates
DaPro Lab « Violations de données dans le secteur de la santé » - Esch/Belval
- 04-12-2018 - 05-12-2018
Fifth Plenary Session of the EDPB - Bruxelles
Journée internationale des droits de l'Homme
- Réorganisation du Service de renseignement de l’Etat
- Organisation de la cellule de renseignement financier (CRF)
- Activité d'assistance à l'inclusion dans l'emploi
- Modernisation du droit de la faillite
- Création de l'Autorité nationale de sécurité
- Vente par internet au public de médicaments à usage humain
- Création de la CNPD et mise en oeuvre du RGPD (Deuxième avis complémentaire)
Article 29 Working Party
- Guidelines on the application and setting of administrative fines for the purpose of the Regulation 2016/679 (WP 253)
- Guidelines on automated individual decision-making and profiling for the purposes of Regulation 2016/679 (WP 251)
- Guidelines on Personal data breach notification under Regulation 2016/679 (WP 250)
- Opinion 2/2017 on data processing at work (WP 249)
- Privacy Shield Joint Review
- Opinion 01/2017 on the Proposed Regulation for the ePrivacy Regulation (2002/58/EC) (WP 247)