In addition to its statutory tasks in national terms, the CNPD is also responsible for taking part in implementing and supervising observance of the protection of individuals with regard to automatic processing of personal data at both the European and international levels.
The CNPD represents the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg on a number of bodies and working parties including
- the European Data Protection Board (EDPB),
- the Global Privay Assembly (GPA) ,
- the International Working Group on Data Protection in Telecommunications,
- the Joint Supervisory Authorities (JSAs): "Schengen", "Europol" and "Customs" and
- the VIS Supervision Coordination Group.